These conferences are aimed at members who are in their first few years of teaching. Content covered includes:
- processes for achieving accreditation at Proficient teacher with NESA, including the gathering of appropriate evidence and using lesson observations through the first years of teaching
- advice for teachers already maintaining their accreditation at Proficient.
- planning and programming
- classroom management
- Aboriginal education.
Beginning Teachers Conferences are an excellent way for teachers to begin building professional networks to support them throughout their career.
They will be held at a number of locations through the year:
- 18 June – Surry Hills
- 25 June – Newcastle
- 30 and 31 July – Wagga Wagga
- 30 and 31 July – Tamworth
- 20 and 21 August – Arrawarra
- 27 and 28 August – Bundanoon