These conferences are aimed at members who are in their first few years of teaching. Content covered includes:
- processes for achieving accreditation at Proficient teacher with NESA, including the gathering of appropriate evidence and using lesson observations through the first years of teaching
- advice for teachers already maintaining their accreditation at Proficient.
- planning and programming
- classroom management
- Aboriginal education.
Beginning Teachers Conferences are an excellent way for teachers to begin building professional networks to support them throughout their career.
They will be held at a number of locations through the year:
- 19 June – Surry Hills
- 19 June – Newcastle
- 24 and 25 July – Wagga Wagga (POSTPONED)
- 24 and 25 July – Tamworth (POSTPONED)
- 14 and 15 August – Arrawarra (POSTPONED)
- 11 and 12 September – Bundanoon (POSTPONED)