TAFE ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT UPDATE
Access period begins
On Thursday October 20, 2016, TAFE NSW and the NSW Teachers Federation finally agreed on the terms of settlement for a new Enterprise Agreement to cover TAFE teachers and related employees.
The terms of settlement on which the new Enterprise Agreement will be based were communicated to all relevant employees on Monday October 24. The terms of settlement are:
- a 2.5 per cent salary increase each year
- a duration of three years
- all existing working conditions of employees to be maintained
- no change to teaching hours
- no change to related duties for part time casual teachers
- continuation of existing administrative arrangements for TAFE teachers to work the five hours off-site
- the implementation of the three trial roles (Head Teacher Band 3, Assessor and Educational Support Officer) as classifications in the Enterprise Agreement
- the establishment of a joint working party to develop a comprehensive future workforce capability framework.
As required by the Fair Work Commission, the employer must provide all relevant employees access to the proposed Enterprise Agreement for a period of seven days. This access period begins on Thursday November 17, 2016.
After the seven-day access period, all affected employees will be able to vote on the proposed Enterprise Agreement. The period for the actual ballot will be from 12.01am on Friday November 25 until 11.59pm on Thursday December 1.
The NSW Teachers Federation encourages all TAFE and related employees covered by the Agreement to read the documents that have been made available by TAFE during the access period.
Federation urges all employees to vote YES to this Agreement once the ballot opens as this proposed Agreement ensures an annual increase of 2.5 per cent per annum for three years while preserving all existing working conditions.
Federation will be providing material to all members prior to the actual ballot.
For more information, please contact your local Organiser or the NSW Teachers Federation.