NSW Teachers Federation has initiated a Week of Action from 12-16 August to address the pre-2016 teacher pay inequity.
Federation Representatives, supported by their workplace committee, are asked to call a meeting of members to carry a resolution demanding Education Minister Sarah Mitchell immediately address and resolve the pay inequalities for teachers in public schools created by the NSW Government’s Public Sector Wages Policy.
This action is to support Federation-led delegations of teachers who are meeting with their local state MPs during this Week of Action.
Federation Representative support
- As a school, vote on and send your workplace message to the Minister (link in email sent to Fed Rep)
- Click here to view and print the Speakers notes
- Click here to view and print the message
- Click here to view and print background and history on the dispute.
- NSW Government’s unjust wages transition motivates unified member response