It’s Time to Act to address inequity in support for students with disability in public education — our students and staff can wait no longer!
Schools for Specific Purposes (SSPs) and support units are tasked with providing specialist level support to students with complex needs, but they are understaffed, under-resourced and underfunded relative to the specific purpose they exist to meet.
We also want to hear from all schools about the extent of students with specific needs not currently receiving adequate targeted support in their school community.
The call for equity is the responsibility of every school community. By working together, we believe we can make sure our government provides equity and support to all students with disability, including through improvements for Schools for Specific Purposes (SSPs) and school support units across the state.
Join the Time to Act campaign seeking the following crucial improvements for all support settings:
- equity and support for students with disability — the only group of students not to have received any additional loading from the Resource Allocation Model (RAM) funding
- an immediate redress to understaffing, under-resourcing and underfunding in support settings and Schools for Specific Purposes (SSPs), such as release time, executive entitlement and subject specialist teachers.
What can you do?
- Pin up the poster
- Follow #TimeToActNSW on Federation’s social media
- Contact your local Organiser with any questions.
- Tell us how equitable resourcing would benefit your workplace, by sharing your stories and images with us.