This two-day course is for Association Presidents, Secretaries and Treasurers to build their knowledge and skills about the relevant legislative, organisational and professional requirements of their role/s; the Association roles and how they work together; and the capacity and responsibility these roles have in engaging and involving members in professional topics at the local level.
- update knowledge and develop an understanding of the role of Association President/Secretary/Treasurer and related Federation policies and procedures
- develop knowledge and skills to undertake their Association role in line with legislative, administrative and organisational requirements
- develop strategies to actively engage others at the local (association) level and thereby strengthen union growth
- actively engage in the Federation’s professional teacher network to broaden their knowledge about issues facing teachers
- apply knowledge about issues facing teachers to their local context, to increase the knowledge, practice and activism of others.
Members need to have been elected to the role of President, Secretary or Treasurer in their local association to be eligible for this course. Applications from Vice Presidents will also be accepted if spaces are available.