The Australian Education Union NSW Teachers Federation Branch is a registered organisation under the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009. We conduct our business lawfully and ethically at all times and protect the integrity of Federation funds.
Federation is governed by its rules, which determine the regulation and authority of the union’s decision-making bodies and of individuals within the Federation. The Rules of the union are subject to the provisions of the relevant legislation.
We will post any applications we make for changes to branch rules here.
- Fair Work decision regarding deletion of Branch Rules 53-56
- Deletion of Branch Rules 53-56
- Alterations to Branch Rules 4 (7)
- Alterations to Branch Rules 7, 11 and 37
- Fair Work decision regarding Alteration to Branch Rule 7, 11 and 37
- Alterations to Branch Rule 36 – 6/6/19
- Fair Work decision regarding Alterations to Branch Rule 36
Our union is a democratic organisation.
Federation’s rules contain details of how elections will be conducted.
A full report on elections is available to members via the members portal.
Elections conducted by the Australian Electoral Commission
- Australian Education Union Scheduled Election – E2023/46
- Presidential Officer Election Report and Declaration – E2023-75
Elections conducted internally by the Federation
Annual Financial Reports
The financial statements of the NSW Teachers Federation for the year ending 31 December 2022 have been audited in accordance with the provisions of Section 257 of the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009. A copy of the financial statements is available to download via the member portal. This is provided for members in accordance with Section 265 of the Act.
A printed copy of the Auditor’s Report, Accounts and Statements will be supplied free of charge to members who make a request to the AEU NSW Branch General Secretary at [email protected].
AEU NSW Teachers Federation Officer and Related Party Statement
AEU NSW Branch Officer and Related Party Statement (ORPS) for the financial year ending 31 December 2022 is available to download via the member portal.