This two-day course addresses the fundamental knowledge and skills for women teachers elected by their colleagues to the honorary positions of school-based Women’s Contact. Women Members of the school’s workplace committee are also eligible if space is available.
Women’s Contacts are eligible to apply for this course OR the general Foundations for Workplace Representatives course.
Course content includes:
- Key industrial principles and rules governing the work of Women’s Contacts
- Engaging in professional dialogue with colleagues and school leaders to build member unity
- Resolving workplace issues
- Running effective meetings
- The range of ways the Federation supports its members
- Engaging colleagues in Federation campaigns
- Key issues and policies for women in education.
Women’s Contacts who have completed this training and followed up with their Organiser are encouraged to consider Level 2 training.