In early 2020 the NSW Teachers Federation commissioned an independent inquiry into the work of teachers and principals to see how their work, workloads and other pressures have changed since the last time an inquiry was conducted in 2004.
The expert panel that conducted the independent inquiry was chaired by Dr Geoff Gallop, former WA Premier and Education Minister. The other panel members were Dr Tricia Kavanagh, former Justice of the NSW Industrial Court and Deputy President of the NSW IRC and Patrick Lee, former Chief Executive of the NSW Institute of Teachers.
The panel received more than 1,000 submissions from teachers and schools. Submissions were also made by professional bodies, academics, economists and education experts. Two rounds of public hearings were held with experts and teachers.
You can read below for more information on what the inquiry found.
- Parent brief
- Bản thông tin tóm tắt dành cho phụ huynh
- 학부모 보고서
- माता-पिता के लिए संक्षिप्त
- ܡܲܘܕܥܵܢܘܼܬܵܐ ܩܵܐ ܐܲܒ݂ܵܗܹ̈ܐ
- ملخص للوالدين
- iVakaleka ni iTukutuku ki na iTubutubu – Vosa vaka Viti
- ‘Oto’otoga puupuu Faasamoa - mo matua
- Fakamatala nounou ma‘ae ngaahi matu‘á
Show your support
- Show your support for action on the recommendations (online form)
- Show your support for action on the recommendations (PDF)
Report and news