- Future Teacher Scholarships are NOW OPEN
- Future Teacher Scholarships will close at 4pm on Friday 14 May, 2021
- Click here for FAQ's
This year the NSW Teachers Federation is providing 15 Future Teacher Scholarships, with a value of $4000 each.
The NSW Teachers Federation Future Teacher Scholarships Committee will award 15 scholarships to successful applicants across the following five (5) categories:
- Future teachers (Open to all applicants);
- Future teachers who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- Future teachers from a rural or remote area (significant distance from the nearest tertiary institution);
- Future teachers in their first year of a teacher education program; and
- Future teachers from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Background.
Applicants may nominate more than one category of scholarship in their application if appropriate.
One scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who demonstrates a strong commitment to the environment and social justice causes in memory of the late John Kaye.
In order to be considered, tertiary students must
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- be enrolled in a NESA accredited initial teacher education program in NSW;
- be a student member of the NSW Teachers Federation;
- have completed year 12 (or equivalent) at a public school or TAFE, preferably within NSW;
- complete the application process including addressing, in writing, each of the appropriate sections in the application form and submitting a demonstration of understanding of the value of public education and the value of unions to society; and
- address the criteria unique to the scholarship category/s for which they have applied.
For further information, please contact Guy McDermott via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9217 2349