This year the NSW Teachers Federation is providing 15 Future Teacher Scholarships, with a value of $4000 each.
The NSW Teachers Federation Future Teacher Scholarships Committee will award 15 scholarships to successful applicants across the following five (5) categories:
- Future teachers (Open to all applicants);
- Future teachers who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- Future teachers from a rural or remote area (significant distance from the nearest tertiary institution);
- Future teachers in their first year of a teacher education program; and
- Future teachers from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) Background.
Applicants may nominate more than one category of scholarship in their application if appropriate.
One scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who demonstrates as strong commitment to the environment and social justice causes in memory of the late John Kaye.
In order to be considered, tertiary students must
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- be enrolled in an NESA accredited initial teacher education program in NSW;
- be a student member of the NSW Teachers Federation;
- have completed year 12 (or equivalent) at a public school or TAFE, preferably within NSW*;
- complete the application process including addressing, in writing, each of the appropriate sections in the application form and submitting a demonstration of understanding of the value of public education and the value of unions to society; and
- address the criteria unique to the scholarship category/s for which they have applied.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday 24 April 2020
For further information, please contact Guy McDermott via email at email@example.com or phone 02 9217 2349