Elections conducted by the Australian Electoral Commission
Branch Secretary and Deputy Secretaries Election - E2021/75 (Important notice)
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) ordinarily conducts the collegiate election for Branch Secretary and four (4) Deputy Secretaries at a Branch Council meeting but has not indicated when they will recommence in person ballots.
Following the successful exemption application for the Branch Executive Election conducted by the Branch Returning Officer at March Branch Council, Federation Executive, at their meeting on 27 April, resolved the following:
The Australian Education Union NSW Teachers Federation Branch Executive resolve to make an application, pursuant to section 183(1) of the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009, for an exemption from subsection 182(1) – the requirement that the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) conducts elections in relation to a collegiate election for the Branch Secretary and four (4) Branch Deputy Secretaries.
In accordance with the Branch’s Rules 22 – Duties of Branch Secretary, 23 – Duties of Branch Deputy Secretaries, and 38 - Election of Branch Executive, elections for the Branch Secretary and four (4) Deputy Secretaries shall be held in the second half of each third calendar year commencing in 2015. The intent of seeking an exemption is so the Branch Returning Officer can conduct the election.
Elections conducted internally by the Federation
- NO ELECTIONS
- Presidential Officers - E2021/46
- Branch Conference Delegates – E2020/181
- Casual Vacancy for Deputy Secretary (Post Schools)
- Vacancy - Branch Executive
- Casual Vacancy - General Secretary
- Casual Vacancy - Branch Professional Officer - City Organiser
- Country Organiser
- Professional Support Officer
- Research/Industrial Officer
- Councillor Election - E2020/101
- Country Organiser
- Trade Union Training Officer
- Deputy Secretary (Communications & Administration)
- Branch Executive E2019/151
- Federal Executive Members E2019/161
- Federal Delegates E2019/32