This two-day course develops the capacity of participants to lead their Workplace Committees in processes that engage colleagues, address everyday issues and problems in their school, and contribute to positive school culture. Through this course, participants will:
- reflect on their values and purpose as public school teachers
- develop relational leadership skills
- identify key elements of effective teams
- become familiar with a collegial process for approaching issues and problems in their school, and
- develop their capacity to work collaboratively to analyse, assess, strategise, act and reflect on school level and system-wide issues and problems.
It is recommended that members will have completed a Level 1 and Level 2 Workplace Representative training course before completing this course. This includes the previously run courses, Fundamentals for Federation Representatives and Women’s Contacts and Communication and Negotiation skills for Federation Representatives and Women’s Contacts. Applicants who have not completed this training should seek the support of their local Federation Organiser when applying for this course.