Nominations are called for:
– Federal Executive Member Representing the General Division (1)
Nominations, which must be in writing and comply with the registered rules of the Organisation, may be made at any time from 07/11/2022.
A nomination form is available for electronic completion on the AEC Portal, www.aec.gov.au/ieb/. However, the nomination form must then be lodged in accordance with the Organisation’s rules (see below).
Additional forms are available from the Returning Officer.
Prospective candidates and nominators should verify their financial status and any other qualifications required by the Organisation’s rules prior to lodging nominations.
Nominations must reach the Returning Officer via the lodgement method(s) stipulated below not later than 4:00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on 21/11/2022.
How to lodge nominations, nominations must be lodged via the following method(s):
By Portal: Australian Electoral Commission Portal,www.aec.gov.au/ieb/
1. Emails to the AEC inbox that appear to be spam may be blocked. It is the responsibility of senders to ensure that their email reaches the AEC before the deadline for nominations.
2. In order to be able to be received by the AEC, emails (including attachments) should be no greater than 6 MB in size.
3. You may call 02 9375 6366 to enquire about the status of your nomination.
4. The subject of the email should include the reference E2022/171 â€“ AEU NSWTF â€“ Your Nameâ€
Nominations cannot be withdrawn after 4:00pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on 28/11/2022.
Candidates may submit a statement of up to 400 words, and a passport-sized photo, to be included with ballot material. Only statements which comply with the Rules and are received by the Returning Officer by 4:00pm (Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)) on 28/11/2022 can be accepted. Candidate statements must be provided in a recognised Microsoft Word format (e.g. .doc, .docx).
The ballot, if required, will open on 07/12/2023 and close at 10:00am Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on 11/01/2023.
Candidates may appoint a financial member of the Union, not being a candidate in any ballot being conducted concurrently, to act as a Scrutineer. The appointment of scrutineers closes at 10:00am Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT) on 11/01/2023.
A Scrutineer Appointment form is available from the Returning Officer.
Changed Address? Advise the Organisation now.
Please Note: A copy of the AEC’s election report can be obtained from the Organisation or from the Returning Officer after the completion of the election.
Telephone: 02 9375 6366