Along with other branches of the Australia Education Union, Federation is supporting the UN Women Australia’s International Women’s Day theme for 2023, Cracking the Code: Innovation for a gender equal future.
The focus is how women in education are leading the campaign for a gender equal future.
UN Women Australia explains the theme is based on the priority goal for the United Nations 67th Commission on the Status of Women where Cracking the Code “highlights the role that bold, transformative ideas, inclusive technologies, and accessible education can play in combatting discrimination and the marginalisation of women globally”.
Take a ‘selfie’ on International Women’s Day, 8 March, and share on your social media channels.
- Download a selfie sign to print and include in your photos
- Mention AEU women leading for gender equality in your post
- Tag in @TeachersFed and @AEUFederal
- Use the hashtags #IWD2023 #AEUwomen
Fed Reps and Women’s Contacts are encouraged to print and display the following posters:
- Union wins for women poster
- Women’s History – set of 6 posters showing highlights of Federation’s campaign history for women
- Union Women - Union Strong poster
- Federation Library Hot Topics Guide – resources available for you to access and borrow.
If you are in Sydney, join us for the International Women’s Day march on Saturday, 11 March. Meet at Sydney Town Hall at 11am. More details are here.