You can make your union strong and at the same time build your knowledge and involvement in Federation by becoming a Project Officer.
For one semester, this dynamic role will show you across the breadth of Federation operations while you recruit new members to build density, a key to union strength and the power of teachers’ voices.
As a Project Officer, you will:
- recruit potential members on school visits, university open days, beginning teacher events and via telephone
- liaise with Federation Officers and Organisers day to day, and during events and campaigns
- help the promotion and delivery of Beginning Teacher conferences and courses.
Your tenure will be an excellent opportunity to meet and network with like-minded teachers and experience the daily work of the union and develop valuable transferable skills.
Project Officers are selected from members in their first five years of teaching, and you just might fit the bill if you have:
- a commitment to public education
- excellent communication skills
- experience in Federation activities at the local level
- an understanding of the experiences of new teachers and graduates and an ability to relate to them
- ability to work as part of a team with other Officers, Association contacts and members
- public speaking skills and the ability to chair a workshop session
- a proven commitment to Federation and its policies and campaigns
- a current driver’s licence.
How to apply
To receive an expression of interest form please phone Trade Union Training at (02) 9217 2460 or email email@example.com.
Applications close at 4pm on Friday, 5 May, 2023.